Invisalign has become the aesthetically pleasing, preferred choice for patients wishing to correct their bite and have a better smile. For orthodontists, aesthetics plays a hefty part in caring for people’s teeth. With Invisalign, these clear braces have provided a solution that both straightens teeth and provides aesthetics without the costs. Nowadays, even general dentists offer Invisalign as a treatment because of its widespread popularity and convenience. But how does Invisalign impact orthodontic care, and is Invisalign just as suitable as it sounds? At our clinic, we can provide patients with both Invisalign and other clear aligners through our team and provide those answers.
Invisalign is a transparent aligner system that uses customized molds to straighten teeth over time. These aligners use SmartTrack material, made with medical-grade plastic to align teeth into a straighter position gradually. Each aligner is made specifically for the patient. Through cooperation, patients get the treatment plans that will factor in the many complexities of their teeth and allow them to see results within weeks. While traditional braces take years of work and alignment to complete, Invisalign braces offer unique benefits that other orthodontic appliances do not.
Invisalign and Orthodontics At a Glance
- Aesthetics: Because of the transparent plastic material, anyone can go out wearing aligners without affecting your appearance or smile.
- Convenience: Traditional braces often limit what you can eat and affect your ability to play sports. Invisalign aligners don’t have that problem and can allow you to eat what you want.
- Comfort: Invisalign braces are completely removable, meaning they do not have the permanent side effects that traditional braces affect the gum line and tooth structure.
- Better Oral Hygiene: Because you can take them off, you can brush and floss your teeth quickly without having to work around metal wires and brackets.
- Complete Control: The treatment plans offered by Invisalign are in your control, meaning it is up to you to work on and dedicate yourself towards healthier teeth.
Invisalign and Orthodontics At Our Clinic
As part of our service, we provide Invisalign to our patients as an integral part of orthodontic care. We understand the effects that misaligned teeth can have on a person’s health and know that traditional braces aren’t always an option everyone can seek. However, for some complex cases patients should see a specialist in orthodontics for their dental health because orthodontists provide many ways of helping protect tooth alignment, including:
- Years of Training in Aligning Teeth
- Inform You Your Best Options For Alignment
- Provide More Experience With Invisalign
We proudly offer Invisalign treatments to our patients because having happier smiles creates a more comfortable community. Dr. Henry Lam and staff members in Calgary, AB hope to always create positive experiences and aim for dental care for everyone. For more information about our Invisalign and orthodontic services, contact us today to inquire about Invisalign treatments and other options we have for straightening your teeth back to health.